Hi Radu, presuming that besides subject line, preheader, and audience everything else remained the same as well - from name, sending address, sending IP - my guess is that you have an inboxing issue with template A. Delivery % reported by your ESP doesn't reflect what actually reaches the inbox. I'd agree running the test again to confirm this result would help, then running spam tests on your two templates. It's possible there's something about the content of template A that is triggering a filter that is not getting triggered by template B. Good luck!
Hi Jon, is your rule looking for opens OR clicks, or opens AND clicks? It should be the latter, if you're going to set a blanket rule like this. A better alternative is a re-engagement campaign to these subscribers. Require a click to stay on your list. You can also offer an opt-down option to a lesser frequency, like monthly. Then you might take the remainder who don't respond to any effort and choose to exclude them. All this said, it does sound like you're dealing with a reputation issue that is affecting your ability to reach the inbox, which will reflect negatively on open rates. There are so many reasons why this might be... I'd confirm your emails are properly authenticated (including SSL), look at delivery reports for any useful server responses, complaint rates, # of unknown users, take stock of all changes to your program during the same time period... hopefully you'll notice something. Good luck!
Hi Anmol, I checked out the thread you referenced here, and turns out it was me that had replied to Jaina saying media queries weren't working in the Outlook app for Android and iOS. But thankfully, I was wrong!
I'm pretty sure it was Jessica in a different thread that had suggested changing your <td>'s to <th>'s for the affected table cells you need to stack, and that did work for me. (Thanks, Jessica!)
Thanks for reminding me to post an update to Jaina's thread and close the loop.
Hi Jaina, great news - A Litmus user in a different thread found that if you change your <td>'s to <th>'s for the items that need stacking, it solves the problem. I tried it and it worked for me! My table cells are now stacking correctly on both the Outlook app for Android, as well as iOS.
The infographic is a great idea! But I disagree with no png's, unless you have a high percentage of subscribers using early versions of Lotus Notes.
Hi Jaina, this doesn't appear to be the case for iOS 11. According to my Litmus test previews, my media queries are not recognized to expand my table cells to 100% to stack them. Another Litmus user reported this issue a couple of months ago and it describes my problem exactly:
I don't recall in what thread I found this, but if you add <meta name="x-apple-disable-message-reformatting" /> to your head tag, it should solve the issue. Worked like a charm for me!