I agree with Jonathan here, inbox placement is obviously extremely important, but having Gmail indicate to an on-the-fence subscriber that you email is possibly in a random non-English language is likely encourage a negative response.
Hey Richard, thanks for the suggestion. I tried nesting <span style="line-height:37px;"> inside the <td> but it didn't work.
Unfortunately, certain version of Android and Gmail mobile apps do not support media queries, you can see the full list here:
If you're talking about using media queries to hide content with
display:none !important, I've experienced the same headaches and have not found a fix for this.
Certain versions of Gmail mobile and Android do not support media queries, and there's not much we can do about it: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/media-queries/media/
During design and development we just try to design in a way that keeps these media query limitations in mind, as any build overly reliant on media queries will not degrade gracefully on those problem mobile clients.
So I may have spoken too soon, because I noticed today the Google Translate issue is back despite having added both
xml:lang="en" to the opening