With ESP Syncing for Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you can automatically sync your email from Builder to SFMC in a single click.
Setting up SFMC requires some extra inputs: Username, Password, Marketing Cloud Server Stack, Client ID and Client secret.
To connect Litmus to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud instance you need to setup Litmus as a “Connected App”. The instructions are available here on the Salesforce website and below in detail.
Important: You will need Administrative rights on you SFMC account to set this up.
- The first step is to create an installed package. Go to Administration -> Account -> Installed Packages and create NEW
- Give the package a name and description. Uncheck the box next to Create with enhanced functionality (recommended), which is selected by default, and then save it.
- Under Components, click Add Component and select API Integration
- In the permissions section select permissions for
- Channels – Email: Read, Write, Send
- Assets – Documents and Images: Read, Write
- Assets – Saved Content: Read, Write
- Contacts – List and Subscribers: Read, Write
- Data – Data Extensions: Read, Write
- Provisioning – Accounts: Read, Write
- Once you click Save you will see the API details CLIENT ID and CLIENT SECRET. Copy these details somewhere safe so you can enter them into Litmus later to complete the sync.
- To find your server stack you’ll need to take a look at the URL when you’re logged into Salesforce Marketing Cloud. See this help article for more details.
- You can now set up your connection to Salesforce Marketing Cloud either in the Builder Sync Setup area of a Litmus Builder document (Sync to ESP -> Add New ESP) or go to the Settings -> Manage ESP page in Litmus. You will need to enter your administrative credentials, your specific Salesforce Marketing Cloud stack, and the Client ID and Secret for the API component.
Need more help?
Ask the world's largest community of email designers.Post a discussion in the Litmus Community