Email Marketing Specialist at Mercato
- San Diego or Remote
Email Marketing Specialist at Mercato San Diego, CA or Remote
Mercato is marketplace empowering independent grocers – a $131B annual category in the US – to finally have an online presence. Their platform gives merchants access to a nationwide delivery network, marketing tools, customer analytics, and customer membership programs, while customers can access to their favorite stores and incentives / offers that are otherwise unavailable.
Mercato was founded in 2015, inspired by experiences Bobby Brannigan had growing up working at his family’s independent grocery store in New York. He realized first-hand that the 40,000+ independent grocery stores in the US lacked the technology and infrastructure to keep up with the modern demands of consumers driven by e-commerce experiences.
Today, Mercato has acquired hundreds of thousands of customers as well as thousands of merchants (two-sided marketplace), all while maintaining an NPS score of 70+ (benchmark for grocery is 39). This is the 2nd marketplace built by Bobby Brannigan, who previously founded ValoreBooks while in college (2002), which reached $100M in sales, and was acquired by SimpleTuition in 2012.
About The Role
We are looking for an Email Marketing Specialist to provide ongoing support with email production to the Email Marketing Manager. You will be responsible for planning and executing the adhoc email campaigns, including overseeing copywriting and design production, building email campaigns in our ESP Iterable, creating audience segments and suppression lists, as well as quality assurance and deployment of the campaigns. This will be a production-oriented role that requires knowledge of HTML and CSS, and prior experience with ESPs like Iterable (preferred), MailChimp, Klaviyo, Bronto, etc.
We are open to fully remote candidates for this role.
- Support Email Marketing Manager with end-to-end production of the adhoc email campaigns.
- Build and QA all adhoc emails, ensuring content is accurate and links work.
- Set up A/B tests and deploy ad hoc campaigns.
- Create and maintain audience segments and suppression lists for ad hoc campaigns.
- Document and analyze A/B test results.
- Create and maintain a monthly adhoc calendar.
- Collaborate with Email Marketing Manager on the strategy for email automations, push notifications and SMS.
- 2-5 years in Email Marketing, preferably at a consumer marketplace company
- Experience working with at least one major ESP (Iterable - preferred; MailChimp, Klaviyo,
- Bronto, etc).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS for email
- Solid experience in creating email campaign calendars and know how to create campaigns
- and creative briefs.
- Understand email data, segments, exclusion activities and filters.
- Must be able to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional and multi-tasking skills
- Desire to learn and thrive in a fast-paced startup
About Our Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous PTO Policy, paid holidays
- Get in on the ground floor and shape the strategic direction of the company
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- Consistent & fair leadership: we are transparent and set clear goals
- Upbeat work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Free grocery delivery & office lunches!
Qualified for this job?Apply here