Email Marketing Specialist at Wiley Education Services
- Maitland, FL
The Email Marketing Specialist leads planning, execution and reporting for email, and SMS messaging campaigns that target prospective students for online education programs. This role will work within the core OPM side of the business, alongside other business units & corporate communications. The Digital Messaging Specialist aims to deliver best-in-class levels of audience engagement, student experience, and communication effectiveness. The Email Marketing Specialist must partner with management and peers to ensure the achievement of lead generation, user engagement, and return on investment objectives through all email channels.
- BS/BA in business, marketing, communication or related field is required.
- 2-5 years of experience working in email, digital, direct marketing and/or eCommerce environments with a focus on performance based consumer marketing, measurement and analytics. Agency experience is a plus, but not required.
- Solid knowledge of current email and mobile standards, compliance regulations, and email/mobile best practices.
- Experience with loyalty, CRM, life-cycle marketing and the role of information in driving offerings and effectiveness; multi-year experience with marketing data analysis.
- Working familiarity with email, CRM/marketing automation, analytics tools preferred, including but not limited to SalesForce, Eloqua, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience employing A/B and multivariate testing programs
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with external vendors and handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Self-starter and highly motivated. Must be capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Functional understanding of graphic design, layout, and presentation
- Functional understanding of web technologies (like HTML, XML, CSS, and others) and web-based user experience principles and best practices.
- Resourceful, team player, high energy and flexible. Ability to work in a fast–paced environment.
- Ability to embrace change and enjoy learning new platforms, programs, etc.
- Must be resilient and flexible, with a proven ability to deliver results within dynamic marketplace and evolving organization.
- Manage cross channel campaign development and execution including content coordination, template management, testing, optimization, production workflow, scheduling, segmentation, quality assurance, and reporting.
- Specifically leveraging CRM and behavioral data to help drive customer segmentation/profiling, touch point prioritization, and messaging understanding.
- Lead strategy and execution of email, and SMS campaigns. Collaborates with creative team and internal clients to devise content and design in accordance with channel best practices in order to yield results.
- Run a high volume and fast paced production schedule - build, test and launch multiple campaigns, from simple to highly advanced via Wiley’s marketing automation platforms.
- Identify trends and opportunities for improved email campaign metrics. Includes evaluating technology and best practices to optimize return on investment through design, coding, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Manage workflows for delivery management, campaign setup, and approval processes across multiple platforms for internal clients.
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on best practices and provides recommendations or suggestions to enhance campaigns as well as performance.
- Maintain consistency in messaging synchronization across the online student experience (email, mobile, and web).
- Ensure that subject lines, copy, and other content supports the strategic segment messaging, is engaging and incorporates best practices in order to create successful campaigns, while ensuring compliance with email and mobile industry best practices.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with vendor partners and consultants to ensure achievement of objectives, platform performance, and results.
- Work collectively with the marketing brand managers to discuss, and collaborate on communication strategy including applicable mediums, campaign development, and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and in team situations using critical thinking, analysis, problem solving skills, and can-do attitude.
Qualified for this job?Apply here