Marketing Operations Associate (Contractor) at Thumbtack
- San Francisco, CA
Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Growth Marketing Team
The Growth Marketing team at Thumbtack is an important lever of growth for the company, responsible for acquiring and retaining pros and customers on Thumbtack via SEO, SEM, paid acquisition, and customer engagement channels. The Growth Marketing team is embedded in a larger highly cross-functional Growth org with Engineering, PM, and Analytics resources to help support its efforts.
About the Role
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a Marketing Operations Associate (contractor) to help oversee our engagement marketing notifications across planning, execution, and reporting.
This role will need to operate cross-functionally with a variety of partners throughout the product development org, so our ideal candidate is very organized, adept at working with different teams and stakeholders, and able to prioritize work to manage time efficiently. No prior experience in lifecycle marketing is required, but an interest in learning more about lifecycle/engagement marketing is preferred.
This role would start off as a 3-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Build and execute marketing campaigns across email, push, in-app messaging, and other marketing channels
- Run A/B tests across campaigns to identify key levers of growth that we can scale across the program
- Analyze and report on the impact of engagement programs, using learnings to iterate and make improvements
- Work closely with Brand team to ensure alignment on creative vision and voice across all customer messaging touchpoints
- Constantly optimize our marketing operations processes for more efficient and seamless campaign deployment
- Ability to pick up new processes and technologies quickly
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Interest in learning about lifecycle marketing
- 1-3+ years of marketing experience, preferably in lifecycle/engagement marketing or marketing ops
- Experience working with ESPs and/or a marketing/engagement automation tool (Iterable experience a plus)
- Experience developing email templates using HTML, CSS, and media queries
- Experience with data analytics
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Capital G.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Qualified for this job?Apply here