Email Marketing Specialist at UCSF
- San Francisco, CA
University Development and Alumni Relations at UCSF is seeking a part-time Email Marketing Specialist. This marketing professional will engage with creative teams and campus partners, to develop and execute digital email marketing campaigns for events and general messaging. In this role, the Email Specialist will produce, proof, test, and troubleshoot dynamic HTML emails for the special events team in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Final products should follow both UCSF and Advancement (The Campaign) brand standards, as well as UCSF digital and editorial policies. In addition, the individual will be responsible for reporting on email statistics in Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Core Responsibilities include:
- E-mail campaign setup and delivery management
- Develop, test, and deploy responsive HTML emails in partnership with creative and events teams.
- Coordinate stakeholder review process and manage email revisions via Workfront and ProofHQ
- Manage the events email communications calendar
- Execute sends utilizing Marketing Cloud templates and Sales Cloud campaigns and reports
- Archive creative assets and report on send results.
- Build and maintain content libraries for re-use in future email campaigns
- Ensure constant communication with campus partners as you manage stakeholder feedback and resolve issues that arise with speed and accuracy.
- Create/modify custom artwork in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to be used in email designs
- Troubleshoot email rendering problems and provide solutions
- Stay current on email marketing best practices and share learnings and insights regularly with the broader marketing team.
Note: This is a part-time role with an initial contract period of one year.
The UCSF Foundation and the Office of University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) are responsible for fostering and strengthening the campus outreach efforts to UCSF constituents and for garnering private support for the campus. In raising private support, UDAR identifies, qualifies, solicits and stewards donors for the schools, medical centers, departments and programs on campus; is responsible for formal acceptance and administration of all private gifts to the university through The Regents or the UCSF Foundation; and for managing all alumni relations activities, campus support group activities and campus events. The UDAR office staffs the UCSF Foundation. The office is also responsible for the design and implementation of fundraising campaigns for UCSF.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and three+ years of related experience, or equivalent experience / training
- Three+ years of experience with HTML / CSS frontend coding speciﬁcally for email: responsive design layouts, device breakpoints and workarounds for limitations of email clients / browsers
- Three+ years of email marketing experience
- Experience working with email service providers (ESP’s) such as Saleforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo, Mailchimp, or similar
- Experience with mobile email optimization (and responsive email template builds)
- Knowledge of email industry best practices including contact strategies, targeting and segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics
- Strong project management skills and experience collaborating across multiple departments to execute projects
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment
- Thorough interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of organization's processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications
- Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or equivalent to manipulate and export email design files
- Experience with Workfront / ProofHQ or equivalent
- Experience with Sales Cloud. Specifically using reports and campaigns to generate target and exclusion lists for sends
- Experience with Email on Acid, Litmus, or equivalent testing tools
In order to be considered for this role, please submit your application to below link, we don't accept applications via email:
Qualified for this job?Apply here