Junior Marketing Designer - Digital/Email at On the Beach
- Manchester, UK
On the Beach are looking for a Junior Marketing Designer to join our fast-paced, growing business. The role will be based at our brand new, state of the art head quarters in Manchester. The Junior Marketing Designer role sits within our Marketing Department and consists of around 60% email design and development, and 40% marketing and internal creative asset production. The successful candidate will work across our UK brands, as well as our international brand, eBeach.
The right candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest in email development and a passion for producing standout digital creative in a travel retail environment. This is a real opportunity to become an email and digital design champion within our company, keeping up-to-date with key industry and design trends.
The key aspects of the role:
- Reporting into the Senior Marketing Designer, you will support the department’s fast-paced, year round marketing calendar.
- Work with the CRM team, developing and maintaining dynamic email creative and templates.
- Optimise new and existing email campaigns in-line with our brand guidelines and to best practice standards.
- Help to build a robust and sustainable email production methodology, playing a key role in its development within the business.
- Produce responsive email builds, with a mobile first approach. Testing emails across multiple browsers, inboxes and devices.
- Work with the wider marketing team to create marketing campaign banners and multimedia for various marketing channels (social, web, affiliates etc), working to a brief and in-line with brand guidelines.
- Support the Senior Marketing Designer in producing our internal newsletter and annual report for print.
- Ensure QC and approval of all creative assets with key internal stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for producing inspirational and commercially driven creative across various media and devices.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, in particular InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premier Pro.
- Proven HTML and CSS skills, and a clear understanding of the limitations within email design. (Ideally hand coding templates, however candidates with HTML experience and a genuine interest in this role will be considered).
- Understanding of email marketing best practices and the latest email trends.
- Previous enterprise level Email Service Provider usage.
- Understanding of email testing and deliverability (e.g. Return Path, Litmus).
- Experience with implementing dynamic content, personalisation, A/B testing and marketing automation.
- Experience with video editing software.
- Previous layout experience for print design.
You will ideally have 2 years experience in a similar role. We would love to see a sample portfolio demonstrating your most recent design work.
The role would suit someone who:
- Has a passion for travel
- Has a passion for their work and shows willing to learn and progress
- Communicates effectively
- Is able to manage numerous projects with various different stakeholders
- Embraces and champions change
- Works well with cross-functional collaboration
- Has excellent time management skills
Qualified for this job?Apply here