Marketing Manager, Acquisition & Retention at BabyCenter
- San Francisco, CA
BabyCenter is looking for a marketing manager with experience at a consumer Internet company to support our growing portfolio of products, from apps to community platforms, across the globe. As the Marketing Manager, Acquisition & Retention, you'll join the Consumer Marketing team, which is responsible for driving global acquisition, engagement, retention, and email (delivering more than 2 billion emails a year). This is a full-time role based in our San Francisco office.
Our ideal candidate is as comfortable in a spreadsheet as at providing feedback to Creative. You use data to drive decisions, but know when to use common sense and your creative instincts to gut-check. You're fascinated by consumer behavior and love to try to predict how users will react, whether to a new feature, an A/B test, or a change in UX. You're creative and innovative. You change up your marketing tactics and plans as needed. You are deeply analytical and methodical, and can manage project timelines. You use insights to discover opportunity and can prioritize. You're also a great communicator and collaborator, and have fun doing it.
Primary responsibilities: Acquisition
- Own all acquisition funnels, including organic (desktop, mobile, app) and paid performance channels. Apply digital practices to evaluate and improve each conversion step
- Manage acquisition strategy and day-to-day performance channels, including Search (Google, Bing, iTunes) and Social (Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube)
- Test new digital channels to drive new user acquisition (email registrations and app downloads)
- Manage App Store Optimization (ASO) on iTunes and Google Play
- Manage ad platform tag/pixel tracking – communicate business needs for adding tracking pixels and project manage technical implementation with agency, ad platforms, and Product and Development teams
- Apply a disciplined focus to ROI metrics, pacing, and analytics to achieve clearly defined goals
- Create and manage various forecasts, including budget, traffic, and registration in collaboration with Global Marketing director and Finance and Analytics teams; set priorities and requests with internal partners
- Manage agency relationship, driving the brand's point of view and strategies
- Create and maintain ongoing A/B testing strategy and calendar; work closely with Product team to execute tests, adjust based on results, and use these learnings to feed the test-and-learn loop
- Own the creative development for acquisition ads and site placements (messaging, imagery, and JIRA ticket creation); evaluate Creative to be on strategy, provide quick feedback to Design team, and project manage timelines.
- Manage co-branded lead-gen program delivery; partner closely with Sales, Client Marketing, Product, and Analytics teams.
Secondary responsibilities: Retention
- Work closely with Global Marketing director and Product team to drive engagement and improve retention by developing multi-touch lifecycle marketing programs; apply research and analytics to leverage insights and inform creative approach
- Help define business needs and strategy, leveraging database/CRM systems for data-driven, audience-targeted communications; partner with Email, Data Science, Analytics, and Product teams.
- 3 years relevant digital marketing experience
- Bachelor degree
- Experience managing paid search on Google and traffic campaigns (specifically, Facebook and Instagram)
- Experience driving paid app installs (familiarity with app stores in US)
- Understanding of acquisition KPIs and interpreting business metrics
- Up-to-date in digital marketing best practices and new technologies
- Experience managing Youtube and Pinterest paid
- Have managed or worked with a media agency
- Understanding and development of customer life cycle communications (including Email)
- Ability to give and receive clear directions, explain difficult material, and convince others to act and/or change thinking; comfortable presenting in large groups and sharing test learnings to broad audiences
- Curious, open to learning, and self-motivated with a desire to just get it done
This is a full-time position in San Francisco. To apply go to: https://goo.gl/j7MWbp
BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 51 million moms and dads in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages.
In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support that's Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child's development. Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social programs, print publications, and public health initiatives.
BabyCenter leverages its industry-leading audience engagement to provide unparalleled insights and innovative marketing solutions to the world's top brands, retailers, and institutions. BabyCenter is also committed to improving maternal health globally and, through its Mission Motherhood™ campaign, works closely with nonprofits, NGOs, and governments to help make motherhood safer for all women.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Visit BabyCenter on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or follow @BabyCenter and @MomInsights on Twitter.
BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, or ancestry; the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities; or other legally protected status.
Qualified for this job?Apply here