Email Developer at Tesco
- Welwyn Garden City, UK
The Direct Marketing Team is responsible for the excellent execution and targeting of all direct marketing communications from Tesco, including Direct Mail, Email and SMS. We also stand over the constant development of these channels and our capability within them. We are currently in the middle of a major (and very exciting) change programme, utilising new technology and data structures to deliver automation and personalisation at scale across all direct channels.
You will be responsible for:
- Drive best practise within the email team, utilising expert coding knowledge and the technology platforms available to drive automation and personalisation at scale
- Produce and maintain the templated email HTML based on the Tesco Digital Design Language specifications
- Continuously develop the email design guidelines. Aligning email design and code to core brand guidelines while upskilling the brand and design teams on email best practice
- Enrich emails with personalised content; utilising multiple data sources to create personalised communications based on a customer’s purchase history, location, weather, on-site activity etc combined with customer lifecycle models developed by Tesco
- Maintain working relationships with key technology suppliers
- This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience in email marketing or front-end development
- A passion for development and digital design with an open-minded approach; understanding that email development is not the same as web development
- Advanced understanding of HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and ESPs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of CRM principles and strategies
- Strong understanding of reporting tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture and Tableau)
- Integrity and drive
- Resilient and pragmatic
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Enjoys working as part of a team and is motivated to put the customer first
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world.
We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Everything is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools and technology to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our Technology to become the world’s leading retailer.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers; Passionate and confident people willing to take the initiative and drive us forwards. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
Joining us means playing a part in defining; building and launching an ambitious roadmap of digital products that could affect the lives of millions of people over the years to come.
If that sounds exciting then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our Head Office in Welwyn Garden City
Qualified for this job?Apply here