Sr. Product Designer – Operational Emails at Target
- Minneapolis, MN
The Sr. Product Designer for Target’s operational emails is responsible for defining and documenting guest experiences to build world-class email experiences for Target guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners.
The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality documentation articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Requirements for this position:
- Strong digital design background and experience in responsive email design
- Experience working within corporate brand standards
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator or Sketch
- Understanding of fluid responsive design for common device breakpoints
- Understanding of technical restrictions when designing for email (high level understanding of HTML/CSS and how email coding works)
- Aligned with trends of email design best practices that produce results
- Experience using Litmus or other email testing tools, nice to have
- Experience with qualitative testing using tools like UserTesting.com or others, nice to have
- Collaborative problem solver, detail oriented and clear empathy for users
- Resource should be located in Minneapolis to maximize efficiency and collaboration with email team
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Engage in product discovery: generate new concept ideas and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test out those ideas, conduct ux research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery: create documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g. Target.com product teams, Target App, Target Creative, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the digital ecosystem for the guest.
- Define and maintain a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in email design.
- Experience designing in both desktop and mobile web.
- Expert skills in wireframing, design, and prototyping tools (includes Axure, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data
This is a 6 month contract located at Target HQ in Minneapolis, MN (no remote candidates). If you have any questions please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified for this job?Apply here