Senior Email Marketing Manager at SmugMug
- Mountain View, CA
SmugMug is seeking a talented Senior Email Marketing Manager, who will develop, execute and evaluate email marketing campaigns designed to drive profitable sales, facilitate customer conversion, support inbound marketing efforts, and engage existing customers for both SmugMug and Flickr.
Our ideal candidate will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Product Management, Merchandising, and Creative to meet individual, team and company goals. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing complex automation, and determining the ideal mix of touch points to increase conversion rates for new customers and grow email’s role in nurturing users with high-quality, relevant content. This position is based at our headquarters at the center of Silicon Valley in Mountain View, CA within walking distance of Caltrain.
- Assess and form recommendations around integrating a new ESP that can accommodate complex customer journeys and high contact/send volumes, then collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement.
- Develop a comprehensive email marketing strategy complete with end to end customer journey mapping.
- Assess the current state of SmugMug’s email channel to fully understand and map all consumer touchpoints, automation, and triggers for our existing emails.
- Code and build all emails, using existing templates, creating new templates and one off emails as needed, ensuring best practices are implemented throughout.
- Develop new creative and efficient ways of improving email performance, while identifying and filling gaps in our current email program.
- Identify opportunities to add new automations or improving existing ones.
- Build and execute A/B test plans in conjunction with the Marketing, Product and Engineering teams on an ongoing basis to continually improve email performance across a variety of metrics.
- Own tracking, analytics and reporting for all email efforts.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to ensure data is properly passed between our data warehouse and our ESP.
- 4+ years of email marketing experience.
- Experience owning email programs at all levels from strategic planning through coding templates and hands-on deployment.
- Experience with enterprise ESPs and the ability to ramp-up quickly on an ESP even if you haven’t used it before.
- Fanatical attention to detail and knowledge of how to design, code, and QA responsive email templates across multiple mail clients with Litmus or a similar technology.
- Experienced with, and comfortable using a variety of analytics platforms such as Google Analytics and other tools to pull the necessary data for your reporting and segmentation needs.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the “special” considerations needed for coding against a wide range of email clients.
- An ability to roll up your sleeves and fully own all aspects of email marketing with minimal outside direction.
- A passion for planning and organization.
- A passion for photography is a BIG plus.
- A balanced Right and Left brain; you should have strong analytical chops (you are running experiments and making business cases, after all) but also need to be able to collaborate with the design team on template development and the editorial team on copy.
- Experience managing a total send volume of over 1 billion sends per year, including transactional emails, marketing automation emails, one-off promotional sends, monthly newsletters, etc.
- Experience managing email programs targeting across both B2B and B2C audiences
- Knowledge of databases and SQL preferred.
- Experience with Bronto, Looker, SalesForce, and Asana a plus.
Qualified for this job?Apply here