Email Developer at Booking.com
- Manchester, UK
Location: Fountain Street, Manchester
We are BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We are the ones who empower people to get where they are going. Whether they are taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they are heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
- Booking.com: We are the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
- Rentalcars.com: The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
- Rideways: Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B.
- Connect: Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partner’s sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we are part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we are proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other peoples. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search Manchester’s coolest office and see for yourself.
And we are in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we are part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced, highly skilled and motivated Email Marketing Designer who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and lives to improve the experience for our customers.
You will work as part of a multidisciplinary product team, responsible for the delivery of an array of email communications. From email promotional campaigns, behavioural triggers and transactional emails, you will have involvement across all aspects of our ever changing and ever growing customer journey. It will be your job to implement our vision to create a customer centric driven channel. We are looking for a person that will make a difference. Is that person you?
- You will create email wireframes, prototypes and interaction flows to convey ideas and gather qualitative feedback.
- Utilise your expert knowledge of HTML, CSS and responsive email patterns to see ideas through to production.
- Assist the team in deploying marketing campaigns using our internal application
- Partner with Product Owners, Engineers, Marketing Executives, Copywriters and Researchers to evolve the customer experience within the channel.
- Deliver elegant, user-centered solutions validated and informed through data and research.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure consistency across our complex customer journey.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of design practice, process and tooling.
Skills & Experience
- Expert visual designer: You can translate requirements and create functional, usable and visual appealing interfaces.
- Data-driven: Experience of insight-driven design (A/B testing, user research and the implementation and use of dynamic content)
- Excellent communicator: Able to discuss design decisions openly and confidently and support hypothesis with data.
- Passionate: You are a self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems. You are passionate about good design and the email marketing industry. You are continuously looking to learn new techniques, trends and best-practices within the ever changing landscape of email
In return we offer
- A very competitive salary
- Your choice of Mac or PC laptop
- Extensive list of company benefits that is ever improving!
- A fantastic new office in the heart of Manchester
- Ownership of your work and a challenging environment
- Great facilities including a subsidized canteen and Starbucks, free breakfast & fruit, cycle hub and break out spaces
- All the security, training and potential benefits that come with working for a FTSE-100 company
- An exciting and dynamic place to work
- Working in the travel industry, one of the fastest strongest growing, most dynamic and exciting sectors of the global economy
- 25 days paid holidays plus ability to increase this to 28!
- Great discounts on car rentals, ground transportation and other group travel benefits
Qualified for this job?Apply here