Web and Digital Marketing Developer at University of Connecticut
- Storrs, CT
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a web and digital marketing developer. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, the primary duties of this position will be to support the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in developing and maintaining its websites that are in a Drupal 7 multisite framework, updating web content, and developing and testing HTML emails in Slate. This role will be expected to apply expertise and knowledge of web development and management techniques to design, develop/theme, implement, analyze and maintain effective web-based applications (including mobile) as well as electronic communications to support the needs and expectations of our targeted audience. This individual will also research and stay apprised of emerging technologies, techniques and trends in the web and email development industry. Time management, ability to communicate clearly, and attention to detail are must-have skills.
- Assists with supporting existing Department websites, which are built in Drupal 7 and hosted on Acquia as well as any web-based applications.
- Plans, designs and develops web-based solutions, including websites, web applications, or mobile applications. This may include developing and launching a Drupal site on a multisite installation, installing modules, and creating custom modules when necessary.
- Assists with developing HTML marketing emails, assuring maximum readability throughout devices.
- Collaborates with members of the systems team to leverage effectively the capabilities of the CRM system (Slate) as well as assists in maintaining Slate’s webforms, marketing emails, events, etc.
- Understands project objectives, gathers project requirements, and designs web-based solutions to accomplish objectives.
- Assists with devising a comprehensive testing plan for testing coded programs, using actual or sample input data, to verify proper program performance and efficiency of operation.
- Conducts testing and debugging of applications and sites.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters and others.
- Prepares documentation to guide application users and provides training for users as required.
- Analyzes effectiveness of web-based applications.
- Confers with University Communications and Associate Director of Marketing and Events on all University brand standards.
- Develops queries and reports in Slate CRM.
- Demonstrates the ability to clean and verify data.
- Assists in admissions and enrollment programs such as the University-wide Open House as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Digital Media and Design, or related field and at least one year of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of PHP or other object-oriented web programming language used in web application development.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design (RWD) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications, such as word processor and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Job history indicating growth and development in the field.
- Experience in managing web, file, and application server environments.
- Experience in managing desktop computer environments.
- Experience in developing for Drupal CMS and familiarity with Acquia.
- Experience in developing HTML emails.
- Mobile development experience.
- Revision Control (Git, Subversion/SVN) experience.
- Familiarity with Slate CRM.
- Familiarity with SASS and/or LESS.
This is a full-time, permanent position slated to begin in late August. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions (Search #2018528). Applicants not submitting all of the requested documentation will not be considered further in the application process. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This posting is slated to be removed at 11:59 p.m. EST on July 30, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
Qualified for this job?Apply here