Email Developer at Harry's
- New York, NY
The Email Marketing team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative Email Developer to own the development & QA of personalized emails and construct a library of reusable assets to create process efficiencies in how we build emails.
You are an email developer who has an appetite for understanding and incorporating industry best practices into emails. You are able to translate design to code while instilling industry best practices to ensure a positive customer touchpoint via proper rendering across all clients. You should be extremely detail oriented and a technical problem-solver. You should be be comfortable working in a detail-oriented environment to support several stakeholders by juggling multiple projects with various timelines. You are a process and efficiency aficionado and are excited about building for the long-term.
- Own development of all emails (one-off, lifecycle, and transactional) in our CRM platform (Braze) and partner with designers to translate mocks from Sketch into responsive emails that render properly across supported clients and devices.
- Develop and maintain reusable email assets and templates via an HTML builder (e.g. Stripo) to create a library for future use.
- Leverage templating languages to build out robust scalable email templates that incorporate personalization
- Work with engineering teams to clearly document and incorporate merge tags/variables to support personalization
- Manage the QA process for emails and use Litmus and live testing to ensure proper rendering
- Maintain email code to ensure all our emails are always up-to-date with creative changes, our customer database and industry standards.
- Comfortable exporting and optimizing assets.
- 3+ years of experience hand coding email from scratch using HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with templating languages to implement dynamic content in email and Github for documentation
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs and workarounds with experience testing and troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients and devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
- Be a subject matter expert in email development best practices and proper coding techniques
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical information and project statuses
- Experience working within an ESP/CRM platform
- Appreciate the balance of creative and technical problem-solving that’s inherent in email development
- Experience with Braze (or major ESP)
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- Experience building out a repository of coded email assets
- Experience with SASS is great, but not required
Qualified for this job?Apply here