Email Engineer at RAPP
- Los Angeles, CA
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, and the conviction to execute. We seek individuals who thrive in fast-paced, problem-solving environments. We’re looking for a talented front-end developer with a specialty in email to join our team of marketing technology pros. Our team builds digital solutions to support all aspects of external client and in-house marketing initiatives. These solutions include everything from emails and landing experiences to complex analytics dashboards and mobile applications.
The applicant must have a strong working knowledge of the HTML, CSS, responsive design, relational databases and conditionals for use in a variety of custom marketing executions.
The ideal developer should have experience using digital marketing platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Develop dynamic, flexible emails and email templates
- Work closely with in-house designers, providing guidance and feedback based on best practices of effective email design
- Test and troubleshoot issues based on the outlined project requirements and/or scopes of work for each client
- Collaborate with strategists and data engineers to create highly personalized, relevant, 1-to-1 email communications for our clients’ customers
- Regularly assess project cycles and processes to identify areas for optimization and added efficiency
- Stay informed of email standards, trends, and experimental hacks across the email space
- Champion email marketing and inspire across disciplines by sharing out exciting, engaging work being done in the space
- 1–3 years of front-end development, minimum of 1 year email development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and developing for responsive design
- Experience with Marketing Platforms and Email Service Providers (ESPs) such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, CheetahMail, Hubspot, etc.
- Experience using QA tools such as Litmus or Email on Acid
- Experience working in Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Umbraco or WordPress
- Deep understanding of popular email clients (desktop and mobile) and their idiosyncrasies
- Proven experience with modern web standards and cross-browser compatibility
- Comfortable using Photoshop and Sketch to export graphic assets
- Focus on optimized deliverables (lean code and optimized image assets)
- General understanding of UX/UI design
- Detail oriented, organized, and the able to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively in a team environment
At RAPP, with unrivaled depth of expertise in first-party data, we’ve been observing and cataloguing real people’s lives for 50 years. In today’s world the balance of power has shifted and customers are in control which is why we put people and their preferences at the heart of the brand experience through the discipline of CMR — Consumer-Managed Relationships. We create marketing that matters and RAPP’s expertise in data and marketing sciences gives us and our clients actionable human insight — an incredible understanding of genuine motivations, observed transactions and actual interactions. Our process reflects how real people think; we balance the left brain and the right — and we do our best work when we bring Precision and Empathy into balance. Building on our data foundation, RAPP delivers a range of capability across social, digital, customer experience and technology.
RAPP is proud to employ over 1000 talented people across US, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Singapore and Dubai and we actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision.
RAPP is part of the global network Omnicom and is part of the DAS Group of Companies.
Qualified for this job?Apply here