E-Mail Developer at California Academy of Sciences
- San Francisco, CA
The California Academy of Sciences welcomes people of all backgrounds, identities, and beliefs to join us in achieving our mission to explore, explain, and sustain life on Earth. We place diversity, equity, and inclusion at the heart of our recruiting efforts and strive to build a culture centered on mutual respect, equal treatment, and the opportunity to succeed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Email Team to review stakeholder requests (+500 campaigns annually)
- Code highly interactive HTML emails in support of Academy marketing and outreach initiatives
- Develop and maintain a suite of HTML templates/modules to support all ad hoc and automation based emails
- Provide email builds in accordance to milestones managed by the Email Marketing Specialist
- Pre-flight all emails after stakeholder approval (compile, inline and add tracking scripts)
- Leverage JSON feeds where appropriate
- Add Liquid scripting in files where required to support dynamic content
- Develop marketing data collection forms and work directly with the Email Marketing Specialist for deployment
- Refine email build process to maximize efficiency
- Follow all Academy safety regulations
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of the following education and/or equivalent experience:
- Bachelor degree in related field preferred
- 3-4 years' experience HTML development (email preferred)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High-proficiency developing HTML emails, including CSS
- Experience with or ability to adopt Liquid template language
- Knowledgeable of email trends
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, including written and spoken communications
- Willingness and ability to adopt new technologies, languages and or frameworks to keep up with new trends and best practices
- Solutions oriented problem solver who can independently troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiar with email workflow tools preferred (Email on Acid or Litmus)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups or individuals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
Please submit your cover letter and resume online at http://calacademy.snaphire.com/?job=22713LMS Note that the recruitment timeline for positions vary and depend on many factors, so it is impossible to accurately predict when a position will close. We appreciate your patience during this process. No phone calls please.
The California Academy of Sciences will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (SF Police Code, Article 49).
The California Academy of Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to ensure that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment, regardless of race, color, creed, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), religion, marital or domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, mental or medical disability, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
The California Academy of Sciences is a non-smoking facility. There is also no smoking in Golden Gate Park.
Qualified for this job?Apply here