Director of Email Marketing at Skillcrush
Skillcrush is on the hunt for a Director of Email Marketing to join our team! This is a full-time, senior-level role for someone with considerable experience in email marketing and setting and meeting revenue goals.
As Director of Email Marketing, you’ll lead the Sales team by driving the strategy, execution, and measurement of all middle and bottom-of-the-funnel conversion activities. At Skillcrush, this is primarily email marketing, inside sales, webinars, and other high-touch sales efforts. In addition, you’ll work closely with our CEO and other Directors to inform the strategic direction of the company as part of the Skillcrush Management team.
You’re a good fit for this role if you have a deep understanding of consumer conversion marketing and experience in strategy development, planning, and execution. You should have a proven track record in setting KPIs and reaching revenue goals, be highly data-driven, and believe strongly in the value of testing and analysis since you will be both establishing the direction of the Sales team and answering for its results.
This position will require you to be familiar with (and sometimes take part in) the work of each member of the Sales team and to effectively lead, manage, and develop them in using the right messages and methods to reach our ideal audience. You should be able to easily move from the strategic to the tactical and back again and to build a consumer-focused sales organization that scales.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, while contributing to our positive and supportive culture. Additional experience at a digital, product-driven, consumer company is strongly preferred but not required.
- Works with the CEO to set sales and revenue goals and serves as the principal person in charge of and responsible for meeting these goals.
- Directs high-level sales strategy across all customer segments and translates strategy into yearly, quarterly, and monthly sales planning to achieve revenue goals.
- Identifies new opportunities for conversion and works with the Product Development team to determine new product and product marketing opportunities.
- Coordinates with the Director of Lead Acquisition to ensure that the cumulative sales and marketing budget is used to maximize ROI.
- Serves as Product Owner of the Sales team managing the team backlog, setting weekly sprint priorities, monitoring the amount of and completion of work, and keeping all teams aware of each other’s work.
- Develops members of the Sales team through coaching, performance reviews, and creating and modelling a culture of continuous feedback, learning, and iteration.
- Experience in a senior marketing role where you were responsible for setting revenue goals at the team or company level, ideally at a digital, product-driven company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategy for email marketing campaigns and other middle and bottom-of-the-funnel conversion activities.
- Proven track record of leading, motivating, and mentoring a team.
- Experience managing a marketing budget to maximize ROI.
- Experience working with HubSpot or similar inbound marketing automation tools (ConvertKit, InfusionSoft, Marketo).
- Sound judgment, with a proven track record of using data to influence decision-making.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and balancing multiple projects.
- Available to work a flexible range of hours that overlaps with standard business hours (9am-5pm) on US Eastern Time.
- Access to a reliable, high-speed Internet connection.
- Proven success in direct-to-consumer digital marketing, especially to women.
- Experience working on an Agile or Scrum team, especially as Product Owner.
- Experience working remotely with team members in different time zones.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible, remote work
- Competitive benefits package, including fully covered health insurance for you and subsidized insurance for your family
- Co-working stipend and other great perks
- Free access to all the Skillcrush classes you can eat
- A fun, passionate team working from all over the world
- A fast-growing company with lots of opportunities for job growth
- $80-90k, commensurate with skills and experience
Skillcrush is a rapidly growing online tech education company that offers online classes on a variety of technological topics.
At Skillcrush, we have built an open and cooperative environment. We hire who we want to work with, but also who think differently than us and challenge the status quo. We empower people, giving the support and autonomy needed to succeed. We embrace data to make decisions and overcome obstacles. We do what we do well, but we're always looking to do it better.
Skillcrush is an equal opportunity employer and evaluates applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin (or current home base), sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, family status, time zone, geography, musical preferences, or college football allegiances. We think a diverse team builds a better product and a better company!
Although based in New York City, the Skillcrush team is a remote company and welcomes job applicants from all over the world.
Qualified for this job?Apply here