Email & Marketing Automation Manager at Quark Expeditions
- Toronto, Ontario
Quark Expeditions, the global leader in polar adventure travel, is looking for an Email & Marketing Automation Manager with experience developing targeted and paid email campaigns as well as personalized, automated nurture programs to join our team.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, execution and measurement of email communications. You’ll utilize marketing automation to implement segmentation strategies that elevate our brand and personalize the customer experience across each stage of the buyer journey. Your focus will be customer acquisition, retention and post-sale communications for our B2C & B2B channels.
- Drive the strategy and execution of all lead generation and nurture email activities.
- Create compelling email copy and templates to drive interest and conversions.
- Build and execute A/B and multivariate test strategies to continually optimize copy, design and campaign performance on an ongoing basis.
- Create segmentation strategies (based on past behaviors such as email engagement, website interactions, product purchases) and personalization.
- Work closely with the Paid Marketing Specialist to optimize landing pages and forms as well as implement lead scoring and MQL thresholds.
- Define and execute nurture strategies designed to build trust and credibility with prospects who are interested in the product to help increase their readiness to buy.
- Monitor campaigns ongoing to ensure they are reaching KPI targets.
- Track, record and report email performance metrics on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager on database management (including list hygiene and Salesforce integration).
- Manage relationships with existing 3rd party email vendor partners and seek to build new partnerships for additional exposure, where applicable.
- You have a passion for all things digital and get excited about creating digital marketing programs that can have a positive impact on the business.
- You have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and can lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- You’re a strategic thinker and problem solver who loves analyzing metrics and using data to make decisions.
- You’re a strong written, verbal and visual communicator. You can write top-notch email and web copy and know how to create visually effective HTML templates and landing pages that elevate our brand.
- You’re a strong negotiator, who can work with vendors to push for excellence and get the best value out of our budget while building and maintaining strong professional relationships.
- You’re competitive with yourself by nature and have a strong commitment to excellence. You always strive for continuous improvement and want to continually raise the bar.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving, deadline-driven environment. You are comfortable shifting priorities to address changing needs, exhibit grace under pressure, and do whatever it takes to meet critical due dates.
- You are a highly motivated self-starter who works well independently as well as part of a team. You can manage your own projects and deadlines as well as collaborate with others across the organization to achieve desired outcom*es.
- University Degree in Business or Communications (Marketing focus preferred), or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years email marketing experience.
- Proficiency with Pardot or compatible marketing automation platform.
- Demonstrated experience of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM / CASL / GDPR anti-spam laws.
- Excellent copy writing skills as well as an eye for design.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including resourcefulness, attention to detail, and comfort tackling ambiguity.
Qualified for this job?Apply here