Email Marketing Associate at Policygenius
- New York, NY
In case this isn't obvious: you need insurance. The distaste you just felt at the word “insurance” is what drives us to upend the industry. Financial protection might never be super fun, but at least it can be easy.
Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup with a mission to help people get the financial protection they need and have them feel good about it. We are changing a massive industry by making insurance shopping faster, friendlier and more transparent for online consumers. Since our launch in 2014, we’ve achieved rapid growth in a notoriously difficult industry and established ourselves as a pioneer in a now hot sector of FinTech. We're at an exciting inflection point, having raised over $52 million of venture capital, and we're focused on building out our powerhouse team. Think of us as a one-stop-shop for all the financial protection you’ll ever need.
Are you a technical-minded marketer with a knack for solving problems and analyzing data? Do you thrive on translating a brand’s value into email marketing for large audiences? Can you convert strategies into actionable, efficient project plans? If this sounds like you, come join the Policygenius Marketing team as our first ever Email Marketing Associate!
We’re looking for a right and left brained whiz who is ruthlessly analytical in pursuit of improving conversion, with the creativity and communication skills to evolve our dialogue with customers across a variety of channels including email, SMS and more. You’ll craft strategic messaging that speaks to customers emotionally and rationally based on changing contexts and lifecycle phases. You’ll be the magic behind the scenes (AKA behind those witty, can’t-wait-to-open emails)!
- Maintain and execute Policygenius’ email marketing calendar, including concepting campaigns, building emails, segmenting audience lists, deploying campaigns and reporting results
- Concept, code (HTML/CSS) and test email templates for campaigns using Litmus
- Design, execute and analyze A/B test plans to improve email performance and conversion rates
- Develop corresponding landing pages for campaigns and tests
- Measure and report on email campaign and A/B test plan performance and manage ongoing reporting for launched campaigns
- Assist in marketing automation projects, including emails, SMS, direct mail, retargeting ads and more
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop new assets for each stage of the customer journey
- 2+ years experience in creating email campaigns and/or automations and organizing customer segments in an email/CRM platform
- 2+ years HTML/CSS experience, particularly in coding emails and landing pages
- A strong understanding of email marketing best practices including design, deliverability and CAN-SPAM
- An extreme attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve across teams and tools
- Experience in a variety of marketing and data tech tools: email/CRM (Iterable, MailChimp, etc.), email design (Litmus), analytics (Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, Tableau, etc.) and landing pages (Unbounce)
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and communicating with stakeholders across teams
- Ambition, a curious mind and a desire to hit the ground running
- Competitive compensation and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office between Flatiron and Union Square
- 401k plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to say you were one of the early employees in the company that’s going to shake up a big, old-fashioned industry!
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
- Dog companionship!!
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Qualified for this job?Apply here