Email Manager at Scale Media
- Los Angeles, CA
Scale Media is a tight-knit, fast-paced eCommerce company with multiple e-retail brands in the health and beauty segments. We’re a rapidly growing team seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working individuals that can help take us to the next level.
As an Email Manager, you’ll be supporting all of our brands in efforts to reach both prospects and customers. Working with our Tech team as well as our EMSs, you’ll ensure transactional, promotional, and content-focused emails deploy appropriately and will work with them to resolve deliverability issues. You’ll also be the expert on all email metrics and will report on email effectiveness to key stakeholders and senior executives. Your deep dive into the numbers will help shape the strategy that delivers the right message to the right audience.
This is the job for you if you live for performance-oriented email marketing and want to make a direct impact on a growing company that’s helping make a difference in the lives of our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the setup and configuration of our ESP accounts for optimal deliverability - including adding SPF and DKIM DNS records, managing DMARC policies and more.
- Interface with our ESPs and vendors supporting email efforts.
- Identify and troubleshoot delivery issues and drive rapid resolution with support of technical team and email platform service provider.
- Evaluate transactional, promotional and lifestyle emails against key metrics including CTR, open rates, engagement rates and revenue, and provide optimization recommendations.
- Develop dashboards and reports that provide insight and visualization into email performance relative to KPIs, projections, and comparative historical performance.
- Manage an ongoing testing plan to continually improve performance of the email channel.
- Evaluate new opportunities for customer segmentation and personalization to bring the right message to the right customer at the right time.
- Analyze email campaigns to identify trends and key areas of opportunity and growth. Report on email campaigns’ progress and success, and provide strategic recommendations to improve results to senior management.
- Monitor and minimize unsubscribe rates while improving new subscriptions. Drive significant list growth through various email acquisition initiatives.
- Complete final test and QA on all emails for compatibility with web browsers and email clients; ensure all list segments are correct.
- Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Audience-obsessed email expert – you love brainstorming, launching and testing new ideas and programs to deliver the best email program to customers.
- Tech-knowledgeable -- things like setting up feedback loops or DMARC policies don’t scare you off
- Metrics enthusiast – you love using data to inform strategic decisions and future planning.
- Sleeves-rolled-up kind of person – you do what it takes to get the job done, even if it means getting your hands dirty.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented – you can execute complex tasks flawlessly and with minimal oversight.
- Passionate about numbers with strong analytical skills – you’re at home among dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
- Self-starter – you identify and solve problems and are comfortable with ambiguity.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL HAVE:
- 4-6 years of email marketing/marketing analytics experience
- Hands-on experience with B2C email marketing (especially lifecycle marketing)
- Ability to understand and produce insights from email performance data, then use these insights to conceptualize and execute projects that deliver results
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience using and editing HTML
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with email best practices, industry trends, CAN-SPAM, CASL and GDPR
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio
We believe in innovation, big ideas and rewarding great work. We'd like to find someone who can really dig their heels in, speak up and tell us after researching and analyzing data what is the best approach when it comes to our objectives. If this sounds like you, include a cover letter with your resume and also include “Hola, Brenda” in the subject line.
Qualified for this job?Apply here