Email Marketing Specialist at Ferguson Enterprises
- Newport News, VA
We are currently seeking a bright and resourceful HQ Email Marketing Specialist to join our team on a full-time basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a top-rated company comprised of fun, talented individuals. This self-starter will be responsible for the overall email strategy and daily productions, scheduling, delivery and reporting of targeted email campaigns on behalf of their assigned business groups and automated programs.
The Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for strategic and tactical execution of Ferguson’s B2B and B2C email marketing campaigns and projects. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience developing and executing email marketing campaigns along with reporting, database management and content development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an enterprise-level email marketing program and collaborating with team members to develop an email marketing strategy and communication plan to support all business groups.
- Proficient experience with email marketing software, in particular Silverpop/IBM Marketing Cloud.
- Serves as owner of email marketing initiatives, implements and advises on email features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, database segmentation, APIs and email templates.
- Manages email marketing process - develops flow, segmentation, list management, set-up, testing, execution, reporting, and optimization.
- Develops and implements short and long-term email marketing strategies targeting sales to existing customers and cultivating relationships with prospects and vendor leads.
- Leverages historical campaign results to guide future email messages, and implements segmentation and behavioral marketing messages based on customer preference, buying behavior, past email performance and marketing objectives.
- Understands email marketing projects from a technical point of view - serves as the main point of contact for data integration for multiple platforms and systems ensuring integrated program management and optimal use of third party programs and partnerships.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and reporting of email campaign performance and overall effectiveness.
- Analyzes email campaign results and reports campaign performance, summarizes key insights, and offers recommendations. Works with analytics team to understand business and customer needs and site analytics required to measure email success.
- Partners with third parties and graphic design team to create email creative materials, communication templates, content, promotions, and landing pages.
- Stays current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email - ensures best practices through email compliance and spam regulation (CAN-SPAM) and shares email program insights and recommendations with marketing managers and colleagues.
- Understands vendor capabilities, expectations and strategies for applicable 3rd party software (i.e. Silverpop, Adobe Test + Target, SeeWhy, etc.) and plays the lead role in ensuring features and capabilities of software are fully utilized – including but not limited to email campaign management, social media integration, landing pages, data enhancement, and affiliate marketing, in order to maximize national and local business/marketing objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day creation of customer-facing emails within Silverpop/IBM Marketing Cloud, implements tracking, performs quality assurance review to ensure creative, copy and links are correct prior to deployment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of usability within the Web and email channels and experience drawing recommendations from web analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Two+ years experience in product marketing/email marketing
- Expert-level working knowledge of sophisticated email marketing and marketing automation solutions – in particular, Silverpop Engage/IBM Marketing Cloud
- Ability to analyze data issues and produce working solutions
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Intermediate working knowledge of digital analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
FERGUSON ENTERPRISES REQUIREMENTS:
- Represents the company in a professional manner at all times
- Ensures quality customer service and follow-up
- Abides by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
- Supports corporate programs, goals and initiatives of the company
- Works overtime as needed
Qualified for this job?Apply here