Email Marketing Specialist at Forté Foundation
Forté Foundation is a non-profit consortium of leading companies and top business schools working together to launch women into fulfilling, significant careers through access to business education, opportunities, and a community of successful women.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the Email Marketing Specialist will be responsible for all HTML emails, built from design mock-ups including newsletters and event promotions, and send to our membership. In this position, you will support member activity with email marketing to drive acquisition, engagement, and event registration. The ideal Email Marketing Specialist lives and breathes email and finds joy in high open rates and low unsub rates.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create responsive, mobile-friendly email in Luminate Online from provided designs and test in Email on Acid/Litmus for compatibility.
- Create target audience segmentation on member database and schedule delivery.
- Provide weekly metrics on email performance and overall campaign results.
- Be a champion on A/B and other testing methodology for all campaigns.
- Create and maintain the email communication calendar with an emphasis to avoid over-emailing.
- Optimize list management and create best practices for sending.
- Write portions of copy for emails including subject lines and calls-to-action.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of email sends.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations on email automation.
- Stay current on email marketing best practices and new platforms.
- Excellent technical skills and email marketing experience.
- Expertise in managing large sets of data and running email marketing campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of email marketing best practices including design, deliverability and CAN-SPAM.
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- enacity in learning new skills, identifying solutions and resolving issues.
- Must be able to work autonomously, exercise independent decision-making, and set priorities with minimal supervision in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrates energy and passion for the Forté vision.
Required Education / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience converting design mock-ups into HTML and CSS from Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator
- Expertise working with Email on Acid/Litmus to debug and QA HTML emails
- Experience with creating reports in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Expertise in industry standard ESPs such as Luminate Online, Emma, Constant Contact. Work experience with Luminate Online a huge plus
Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K retirement plan with 5% matching available after 1 year of employment
- Health and Dental insurance
- Generous paid time off / holiday schedule
- Virtual work environment — home office & travel
Employees of Forté work independently from home offices. Each employee should have the capacity within their home to set-up a work environment or office. Forté provides a computer, phone, office supplies, and covers the cost of internet service.
The ideal candidate will have close proximity to Austin, TX. Secondary locations include Houston, New Orleans, or San Antonio.
Send cover letter, resume, and work samples via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline: Monday, April 9
Qualified for this job?Apply here