Email Marketing Manager at Sittercity
- Chicago, IL
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
Email Marketing Manager
We are hiring a Marketing Manager to be the driver of our CRM efforts across email and mobile. The ideal candidate will understand the customer journey to provide incremental value and nudge our list subscribers towards conversion, engagement and re-engagement in a way that feels human. We also need this candidate to understand the right types of content to send to the right people at the right time, both for conversion and to boost the sharing of our content-driven emails. Because our CRM efforts are progressive, the successful person will also be technologically advanced to help with robust integrations and segmentation.
- Manage and build various email lists and campaigns, including template design, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends
- Incorporate in-app messaging and push notifications as part of the customer journey
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website/mobile interactions (content, site page visits, app usage etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the campaigns for these segments to convert and engage with our brand
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
- Responsible for running A/B tests and reporting on results, ensuring tracking codes are properly placed and functioning, and other back-end technical tasks
- 4+ years experience leading email marketing efforts through marketing automation/mobile engagement technology
- Proficient in Braze (formerly AppBoy) or similar marketing automation/mobile engagement platform tools (ie. Exact Target, Hubspot, Iterable, etc) and blogging software features in order to generate traffic, convert visitors into engaged users, and then engage them (using robust workflows) into converted customers and then repeat users and advocates.
- Comfortable with SQL and advanced coding of emails that require integrations with APIs. (Including but not limited to: Liquid Logic, CSS, HTML, etc.)
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization
- Excellent communicator, writer and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Bonus experience and skills include working in a platform business model and demand generation marketing
- Passionate self starter, problem solver, eager to dive in and learn and get work done.
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
In this role, you will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal childcare services
- Great benefits package, including; health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.
Qualified for this job?Apply here