Front End Developer, Email at The Telegraph
- Victoria, London
The Telegraph’s mission is to deliver quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day and across all the platforms our customers use – digital and print.
Our portfolio includes The Telegraph website and app, The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph print titles and The Telegraph Edition app.
Recently named as the UK’s leading quality news brand, our digital content reaches more than 27 million users across the UK (UKOM MMX MP).
You’ll be responsible for creating emails for all across the company, from editorial to commerce, to our events, working from production (code and assets) to QA.
You will also work closely with the Design and Marketing team to develop digital materials such as landing pages, microsites and in-app messages.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Building daily and weekly emails based on briefs from across the company, using in-house templates and styles
- Working with designers to develop new templates and modules where required
- Quality control for third party emails for coding errors and rendering issues in different mail clients
- Research and experiment to push the standard of our emails, to ensure they are at the forefront of the industry for email design and development
- Advise the wider design team and colleagues from other departments on best practice
- Develop promotional landing pages, as well as in-app messages for our apps ,in collaboration with Design and Marketing*
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong HTML, CSS and JS (vanilla / jQuery) skills are needed.
- Some experience in the building of email newsletters is needed, and experience in digital advertising would be helpful
- Knowledge of email clients and techniques to employ in order to ensure consistent presentation across all
- Knowledge of design software would be helpful (Photoshop / illustrator / Sketch)
- An understanding of, and experience in implementing responsive design would be desirable
- An enthusiasm to learn and a genuine passion for all things good
- A good problem solver, with the ability to identify and solve issues quickly
- Experienced in and comfortable with self-managing multiple projects with short deadlines
- Have a good eye for detail, and a good sense of design
Qualified for this job?Apply here