Technical Project Management at Square, Inc.
- San Francisco, CA
The Automated Communications Team (ACT) builds and manages the tools our partners need to execute, deliver, and optimize our communications across our channels. We define communications channels broadly to be the mediums or teams that deliver messages to our sellers either through scalable or individual interactions. We aim to incorporate automation, including machine learning, deeply into our processes and also to allow our partners to move faster by building self-service tools for execution and analysis.
The Technical Project Manager for Marketing Operations’ main responsibility will be the development and maintenance of dynamic responsive emails, while advancing the teams’ innovation around email design. The right candidate will bring a knowledge of and excitement for new email development technologies. More specifically, you will:
- Advance the quality of email messages we deliver to our sellers, including analytics-driven content targeting, personalization, and responsive email templates.
- Build HTML email campaigns with a high attention to detail and quality assurance for all outbound campaigns.
- Design and build a dynamic, rules-based email program with next generation personalization.
- Conduct extensive coordination with creative teams and marketing operations on testing and execution of email template variants.
- Organize, update and maintain interface elements and asset libraries.
- Contribute to and iterate on scalable processes and strategies for a growing team.
- Develop new design patterns and templates.
- Understand and provide guidance on email compliance standards working with Legal and Creative teams.
- Test and troubleshoot email campaigns across multiple platforms, browsers, and email clients.
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, copywriters, and marketing managers.
- Contribute to training that will enable other teammates to develop email.
- Create, resize, and optimize images and graphics for the web.
- A BS, BA, or equivalent experience in graphic design, web design, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in front-end development/design or email development.
- Experience using a professional ESP like Iterable.
- Experience setting up dynamic email campaigns using an email service provider's platform.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch, Mac OS X, iOS and Android.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML & CSS. Troubleshooting is an essential.
- A good-natured, flexible approach to design and coding.
- Ability to use design comps as a blueprint for screen composites.
- An ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills, excellent organizational skills, and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and openness to adapt behavior and work methods accordingly.
- Commitment to detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant.
- Experience with task runners and preprocessors.
- Experience with version control software like Git.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Qualified for this job?Apply here