Email Marketing Manager at Gartner Digital Markets
- Austin, TX
We're looking for an Email Marketing Manager to own the vision and strategy for our B2B email marketing program. We're building a highly engaged community by delivering world-class research and analysis to our audiences. You'll be answering questions like: "What will resonate with small business owners? How can we make their lives a little bit easier? Where are we missing opportunities to be ridiculously helpful?".... Sound fun?
What you’ll do:
- Design, code and execute email marketing programs for multiple audiences.
- QA all programs and campaigns with a fanatical attention to detail.
- Build, track and manage campaigns and landing pages using Marketo.
- Test, optimize and segment: A/B test campaigns and landing pages, and use analytics and customer data to make fact-based decisions and refine existing programs.
- Drive growth, engagement and retargeting of existing customers.
- Manage and mentor: You’ll grow our email marketing program. Once it’s up and running, you’ll bring in a team of specialists who will help to steer the wheel.
- Collaborate with branding, creative and engineering teams to make sure key components (like integrations and HTML templates) meet quality standards.
- A/B Report on email marketing performance to company stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree; Masters or advanced degree a plus.
- 4-6 years of email marketing experience, preferably deep knowledge of Marketo, including a solid understanding of digital marketing, best practices, and testing protocols.
- A proven track record of developing and managing successful email marketing campaigns.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills; SQL a plus (HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred).
- Experience in optimization of campaigns for the marketing funnel, including A/B and multivariate testing.
- Understanding of customer journey mapping and lead scoring.
- Ability to independently research and design solutions for complex problems.
- Expertise in project management, planning, organizing and implementing strategic business plans.
- Experience working with small teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and presentation.)
A few reasons why you might hate it:
- You’re a lone wolf. We’re proud of our collaborative culture and know it’s maintained by passionate people working together for the greater good.
- You’re looking for glitz and glamor. Look, we realize our niche is a bit drier than, say, food, fashion or travel, but we’re looking for folks who lean in hard.
- You crave stability. We’re a high-growth company, so existing structures and processes are always improving.
- You want a mellow environment. We'll admit it: we're pretty intense. We like to work hard and GSD (that's Get Stuff Done). It's not for everyone.
And a few reasons why you might love it:
- You’re an influencer. Building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives is in your wheelhouse.
- You’re action-oriented. We’re always noodling innovative solutions to complex problems.
- You’re flexible. Life comes at ya pretty fast ‘round here. It helps to have a zen-like acceptance of continuous change.
- You’re a straight-shooter. Always down to dish out and receive feedback? Same here!
- You drive for results. Friends describe you as a high achiever who tackles challenges with grit, humility and a positive outlook.
What we offer:
- A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
- Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Gartner Digital Markets supports the technology needs of small and medium sized organizations. The business is comprised of three brands - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. We’re on a mission to help SMBs achieve their goals through the adoption and optimization of technology.
Qualified for this job?Apply here