Hi,

I am keen to know if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing in their email tracking data or if anyone has any ideas on how this might be happening. It does appear to be robotic than human related.

I have come across some strange activity in my click event tracking - we use Salesforce Marketing Cloud, I've logged a support ticket with them however I don't have any evidence to suggest that this is related to our ESP at the moment.

I've picked out a few examples of what I'm seeing.

1. Email address 1 is sent an email on 08/09 and we've had 17 clicks - these are all on the same link (Twitter) and each click is 1 day apart at the same time within a few hours – “unspecficed device” is what we see in the device tracking which makes me think it may be a new device.

2. Email address 2 is sent an email on 05/11 and we've had 30 clicks - all within the same minute on three separate devices - seems odd - unless they have many hands!

3. Email address 3 is sent an email on 19/09 and we’ve had 42 clicks – all on the same link (Pinterest) and they are all at a very similar time 1 day apart and again an unspecified device

4. Email address 4 is sent an email on 08/09 and we’ve had 12 clicks – as above on Pinterest on an unspecified device

5. Email address 5 is sent an email on 19/09 and we’ve had 42 clicks – all on a Facebook link on an unspecified device and each click 1 day apart at a similar time.

And so on

Any ideas?

Thanks
Susan