Hey folks. I looked through the forums here and didn't see anyone talking about this yet. I may not have gone far enough back, so please disregard if I missed it.

I'm taking part in the public beta test for iOS 10, and I noticed a small banner that shows up at the top of bulk emails letting the reader know it's sent to a mailing list, along with a link to unsubscribe. Since iPhone is such a big deal by the numbers, I figured it would be nice to at least be aware of it before it goes public when the new iPhone is released. It may still change in the next month or so, but it's remained unchanged through the last 3 versions of the public beta and it's not appearing in any of the big techblog lists of important features (natch).

I haven't been able to test the update to Mac OS but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's something similar in the Mail app there.

I wrote a quick article about it on LinkedIn. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you'd share that with your network to spread the word. In fact, I'd love a comment or two to get the ball rolling if you have a thought to share.

If you want to see it for yourself, anyone with an iPhone can sign up for the public beta. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like dealing with a few bugs, but frankly I haven't even noticed any with it and I've been using it for maybe 3 or 4 weeks.

Hit me up with any questions you may have. I showed a couple examples in that article but I'd be happy to show more if you want to see what it looks like in a particular use case or something.