Hello dear community,

I checked a newsletter with Email on Acid and found that Office 365 and Outlook.com will change the text color to blue and add dashed underline to the text:

https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/8YDwYo7krGFycIyS8wYwc5JAlwYPDDDNC2ADkhP4NwBAq/shared

I thought these ESPs were analysing the text semantically while reading the souce code, so I tried the following methods:

• Inserting zero-width no-break space into the letters of some words for dates, locations and brands
  • Changing HTML encoding from UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1
  • Using CSS !important declaration in combination with <font> and <span> tags

But none of these helps at all.

Then I solely changed the content with some meaningless text and guess what, this issue happend no more!!

https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/HFYqpZKsOeuEXKSk1GPHjjpws1LZkWLsecSWX5YaFmwkK/shared

I sent a test email later to our test account of Outlook.com and Office 365. However, after checking it throughly under different browsers on different mashines, I could't see such issue that was shown in the EOA test results.

Does anyone have any idea why this happend? Thank you very much in advance!

The source code:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="top"><table width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="fullwidth">
        <tr>
          <td align="left" valign="top" style="padding:20px;"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
              <tr>
                <td align="left" valign="top" style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:18px; color:#555555; text-decoration:none;">eBay&nbsp;Connect is the only eBay hosted professional seller event of&nbsp;2016 where you can meet your eBay team, other sellers and explore new ways to grow your&nbsp;business. <br />
                        <br />
                        I hope you can join us on Wednesday 10th&nbsp;August for this free and one-day event taking&nbsp;place in Manchester at the award winning and eye-catching venue, The&nbsp;Point, Emirates&nbsp;Old&nbsp;Trafford.</td>
              </tr>
            </table></td>
        </tr>
      </table></td>
  </tr>
</table>