So it's 2016 and Google Mail still doesn't support Google Fonts... althought the suggestion that it might was a fantastic April Fools joke for us #emailgeeks.

Here's the question:

I'm using 'Abril Fatface' (in standard 400 weight) in my email as a webfonts lookalike for Bodoni Poster but, obviously, Gmail won't display this.

An acceptable fallback font for this is Georgia in font weight 900... and there's the rub - is it possible to add a font weight to just one font with the font line? Currently styling the fonts inline with:

<span style="font-size:18px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family: 'Abril Fatface', Georgia, cursive; font-weight:900;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet</span>

Problem with this is this applies the 900 weight to the Abril Fatface too and I only want it applied to the Georgia. I'm looking to be able to do something like this:

<span style="font-size:18px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family: 'Abril Fatface' font-weight 400, Georgia font-weight 900, cursive;">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet</span>

Is such a thing possible? If anyone knows, it'll be somewhere on this forum.

Many thanks in advance for the assistance.