Previews not working for anyone else? Error 500?
In Checklist none of the Previews are working on any of my emails. Old ones that worked last week and new ones I'm testing right now. There is just blank space between Previews and First Impressions with nothing there. If I click on Choose email clients, all of them have the red X and I can't click on any.

In Builder none of the Instant Previews are working either, the wheels have been spinning for 15 minutes with no previews yet on some simple HTML.

Outlook 2007/2010/2013 blank previews
For the past 2 days I was getting Previews as usual except for Outlook 2007/2010/2013. They just had a preview of an empty email that was blank with no content in it. Litmus customer support said they are currently not experiencing any issues with their Outlook devices/machines, so they tested my email locally and had the same result in the Outlook previews for Outlook 2007/2010/2013 which is an indicator that there is either an issue in the code or with Outlook itself (and how they are rendering the email), or a combination of both.

I'm checking my code again, but I've never had a preview be completely blank with no content for Outlook 07/10/13 especially when it worked everywhere else. I'll post the code in the other section of this forum, but I was just curious if anyone else has been having issuses with Litmus Previews.

Is Litmus down for everyone or just me?
Thanks,
Megan