Searched the web, not found anything on this. But some code i'm working on isn't working as expected in outlook - margins seems to be reacting exactly like padding, ie applying to inside border rather than outside.

Some sample code (not pretty i know but just to illustrate the issue):

<p style="color: #585858; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; text-align: left; line-height: 19px; font-size: 13px; Margin: 0px; padding: 0;" align="left">Schellevis have been winning acclaim from designers and architects for their distinctive concrete paving and landscaping.</p>

<table style="margin-top:0px;">
<tr style="margin-top:0px;">
<td style="margin-top:0px; vertical-align: top; text-align: center; line-height: 19px; font-size: 13px; background: #585858;" align="center" bgcolor="#585858" valign="top"><a href="" target="_blank" style="color: #ffffff; text-decoration: none; font-weight: normal; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px;">Read more</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

If i change margin-top on either the table, tr, or td of this table based button, it adds to the height of the button rather than spacing it away from the text above. I don't want to add margin to the space above, as it means having a different margin setting on the last paragragh only.