So there’s an article on Smashing Magazine called Improve Your Email Workflow With Modular Design written by some guy named Brian Graves. Seems like the guy’s legit. Ok… </ sarcasm>

Brian explains how he looks at an email as the combination of modular, independent blocks. It’s a well written piece with some incredibly smart insights. Ya'll should check it out if you haven’t already.

But there’s a part about inlining pre-processed CSS that tripped me up a bit:

If you’re using a Ruby-based tempting engine, then the best option is to include the Premailer Gem in your project. Premailer automatically runs through your style sheet and inlines styles while preserving any existing styles when called.

Sounds good, but what if you’re not using a Ruby based templating engine? What if you’re not even on a Mac? Things like Sass, Hammer for Mac, and Codekit aren’t practical options. Is it worth is to run something like Prepros? Are code snippets the way to go?

I split my time pretty evenly between Mac and Windows, and I’ve been thinking about a workflow that handles preprocessed CSS and markup. So these are things I’m thinking about. Anyone else?