Community Contest: Emails Worth Forwarding
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
After a quick break, we’re back at it with a new Community Contest! This time, we’re looking at forwarding emails.
Inspired by The Viral Email Report, we want to see what you can come up with to either a) make an email eminently forwardable (is that a word?) or b) take advantage of some of the quirks that happen when an email is forwarded (hint: a lot of things break).
We recently discovered that there are a number of things that can contribute to an email being forwarded. And, if you've been working in email long enough, you know that some funky things can happen when emails are forwarded. So, what can you do to take advantage of both?
Come up with an email design that people can't help but to forward and, if you're feeling extra adventurous, see if you can design something that degrades in graceful and creative ways when passed from one inbox to another.
Once again, we’re partnering with our good friends at Code School to bring you some great prizes this month. The winning entry will receive the following:
- 2 free months of Code School
- 2 free months of Litmus Plus
- A care package full of Litmus and Code School goodies
About Code School
If you want your entry counted, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Entry must be built for this contest. While you can use a concept you've sent before, don't just post the web link to something you shipped last month.
- You must be a member of the Litmus Community.
- Please fill out your Community profile so that we can get in touch easier.
- You must submit your design as a Builder embed in a comment on this discussion thread. Here’s how to do that.
- Please include a screenshot of your forwarded email to show us how it looks.
- All entries must be submitted on or before Monday, August 31st.
If you have any questions, please comment here. Be sure to get your entries in by August 31st if you want a chance to win the prizes!