2013 is quickly coming to an end. Like most people, I love a good roundup. So I thought I'd start a thread on our favorite email designs of the year. Hopefully it will serve as inspiration for email designers as well as spur some conversations on what is and is not great email design.

So, here are some of my favorite emails of 2013. Please share your favorites - Scope is a great way to make them available for everyone to see.

The MailChimp UX Newsletter - This is my current favorite newsletter - it's always packed with great content and the design is clean, beautiful, and works well on desktop and mobile.

Campaign Monitor's Newsletter - I loved Campaign Monitor's redesigned newsletter so much I wrote a blog post on it. Fantastic use of animated GIFs, bulletproof buttons, web fonts, and responsive techniques.

The Wistia Blog Digest - This is a great example of what can be accomplished just by thinking about typography and putting it to use.

The Quirky Newsletter - I've been digging Quirky's emails lately - they manage to handle a lot of content in a responsive design very well. Not an easy task.

LayerVault's Announcements - Layervault is known for their minimal, flat designs. Add to that their excellent, concise copywriting, and you have a great little email.

Any Betabrand Email - Design-wise, Betabrand emails are just fine. Copywriting and humor is where they really shine. All of their emails are very funny and well-written, but this one is my absolute favorite.

Litmus TEDC13 Boston Follow Up - Not to play favorites, but our designer, Kevin, did some amazing animation in this email.

What are your favorite email designs from the past year?