Has anyone else noticed an issue with the AOL iOS App?

Specifically that there appears to be a script replacing the custom included or inline wrapped span fix for future dates, addresses, and phone numbers. The span fix will work on mobile devices but only when using a mobile browser as opposed to the app.

Has anyone else come across this? Any solutions or clue as to why this is happening?

I've spent some time testing but haven't found any solutions just yet. Any additional insight would be great! Thanks :)

EDIT: Found the issue with phone numbers. The initial template had the phone number warpped in a <span> instead of a <a href="tel:#"> link. So the AOL app may be replacing the <span> with the <a> tel link instead or perhaps because there wasn't an <a> it might not be selecting it. Still working on the address and dates.

UPDATE: I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I have found a great solution! In this solution, you can keep the styles without losing the behaviors.

Firstly, I must thank AOL's feedback support for actually following up with my questions. I was able to correspond with one of their APP Dev's who confirmed my suspicions regarding the removal of my email's styles as the page refreshed in the iOS view with the UIWebView class events. They were not able to give me an answer but their advice mixed with further testing did lead to a working solution.

SOLUTION:
The solution I found was to add an additional styles tag at the end of your email just before the closing <body> tag:

<styles type="text/css" scoped>
.applelinks a { color:000001 !important; text-decoration:none !important;}
</styles>

The secret here is to use the scoped variable. Just repeat whatever styles you originally set at the beginning. This way when the refresh happens it'll keep your styles (although technically it's re-replacing your styles).

Hope this is helpful.