Top Email Clients in November: iPhone, Outlook and iPad0
November’s email client popularity stats are live over on emailclientmarketshare.com. We also put together this quick (under two minutes!) video that takes a closer look at some of the stats.
- iPhone has been in the #1 spot for several months; it’s grown more than 40% since January.
- iOS represents a full third of total email opens.
- Total mobile opens jumped from 38% in October to 41% in November. Compared to a year ago (when mobile opens were at just 22%), that’s an 86% increase.
- Outlook 2010 and 2007 each have about 4% of total opens; together they represent more than half of Outlook opens.
- Outlook 2013 is barely registering with less than 1% of market share.
I’m not surprised to see this kind of growth for mobile, especially around the holiday season. As Lauren mentioned in her Black Friday/Cyber Monday email roundup, there’s been a 70% increase in mobile traffic to retail sites and mobile sales have skyrocketed, reaching close to 13% (a 96% increase over 2011).
I imagine we’ll see mobile opens remain high throughout December, and possibly take a quick dip as we all take a breather after the New Year.