Email Design Podcast #46: What will email design look like in 2017?0
In the 46th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez answer the question: What will email design look like in 2017? Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:31) Interactive emails will continue to be a trend and become more prominent. -Jason
- (5:07) Accessibility will continue to take a back seat for most email designers. -Jason
- (10:15) Gmail won’t make any changes to its rendering after its big update from last year and its current fragmentation (POP/IMAP accounts) will continue to exist. -Kevin
- (12:28) Outlook will make important changes to its rendering. -Jason
- (13:48) Will there be any new clients or major changes to the landscape?
- (17:28) Outlook desktop apps will drop below 5% market share. -Kevin
- (18:59) Gmail will rise to 25% market share. -Kevin
- (23:16) Most email designers will continue to inline their CSS despite nearly the entirety of email client market share supporting embedded CSS. -Kevin
- (28:56) We will see a proliferation of new email frameworks and workflows. -Jason
- (32:20) Task runners will eclipse 10%+ of email designers’ workflow. -Kevin
- (35:15) Dreamweaver market share will fall below 50%. -Kevin
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.