Now Hiring: Email Marketing Manager0
There’s an amazing opportunity to join the Litmus team as our email marketing manager—conceiving and executing the messages we send to customers, future customers, fans, and partners. I’m looking for someone who lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps email marketing. The type of person that thinks about new ways to utilize segmentation in the shower, discusses bulletproof buttons and actionable CTAs at dinner, and dreams about your next A/B test at night. If you’ve ever replied to a marketing email from your favorite brand to tell them they should use styled ALT text on their images, or annoyed your friends by defending your job as a “spammer,” this might be the job for you.
Here’s a look at what you’d be doing:
- Managing all our email-related activities: including newsletters, onboarding emails, automated, drip, and triggered messages, event invitations, and whatever you dream up next.
- Conception and strategy: Developing plans for how to impress and inspire our audience, while positively impacting customer activation, engagement, retention, and loyalty.
- Optimization: running A/B tests and improving our campaigns.
- Writing: subject lines, preview text, body copy, CTAs, and more.
- Hand-coding HTML and CSS with our awesome editor, Builder.
- Reviewing reports and explaining how our emails are doing to the rest of the company.
- Ensuring that we’re compliant with various spam and permission laws.
- Contributing to the creation of landing pages and other collateral that would help make your campaigns successful.
- Helping grow our list via organic, value-driven methods.
- Working with the best content marketing team in the industry: Lauren, Kevin, Jason, and me. Not to mention the rest of the amazing Litmus team.
- Marketing to other email marketers: demonstrating best practices for our industry.
- Evangelizing Litmus and our products to other people like you.
As our email marketing manager, we’d also expect that you:
- Have an eye for good design. While our email designer, Kevin, will be doing most of the heavy lifting, an ability to properly adjust white space and choose a complementary color is always handy.
- Are obsessive about testing, quality assurance, and attention to detail (do you experience “the fear” when pressing send? We do!)
- Have a subscriber-first mentality.
- Be comfortable with technology and using online software to manage your work.
- Stay up to date with industry news and trends.
- Are passionate about educating other email marketers.
- Are proactive, energetic, and ready to dive in and get your hands dirty.
You’ll get major bonus points if you:
- Have experience using Pardot, Mandrill and/or Campaign Monitor.
- Were responsible for email at another SaaS technology company.
- Attended (or spoke!) at The Email Design Conference in the past.
More About Litmus
You’ll be part of our close-knit marketing team, helping to educate, inform and inspire our customers. We don’t approach marketing the traditional way; instead we strive to build up trust in our brand and products through awesome content, thought leadership, and demonstration of industry best practices. By carefully balancing performance with what feels right for our customers and brand, we’ve managed to be bootstrapped, profitable, and proud for almost 10 years.
You’ll have opportunities to contribute to more than just our email marketing—by participating in The Email Design Conference, attending (or speaking at!) industry events and webinars, providing feedback on new tools, and spreading your love of email through blog posts, webinars, infographics, and more.
Our office is based in Cambridge, right outside of Boston. While we’d love for you to be local, we’ll also consider remote working for the right applicants.
We also offer some amazing perks, like:
- 28 days of vacation (on top of paid holidays—really!)
- The best equipment you need to get the job done: dual displays, Aeron chairs, huge desks, and the latest software.
- Yearly team retreat (last year we went on a luxury ski trip!)
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) with a generous match
- Daily catered lunch if you’re in the office
- Unlimited Litmus and I ♥ Email shirts
If this role sounds like your dream come true, show off your skills by building an HTML email introducing yourself and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a link to browse or download examples of your work, and the best ways to get in touch with you.
Please note Litmus does not work with recruiters and does not take phone calls about open positions.