How to Recover from Email Marketing Mistakes [eBook]0
Email marketing mistakes are not a matter of “if,” but “when.” Email is too dynamic, too complex, and too quick of a medium to avoid mistakes completely. The best you can hope for is to keep mistakes infrequent and small, and then to manage them quickly and recover with a degree of grace when they do happen.
To help you determine the right response to any email marketing mistake, we created a decision framework that involves 6 straightforward questions:
- Is the error minor or easily understood by subscribers as an error?
- Has the send completed?
- Can you fix the error or eliminate most of the resulting confusion post-send?
- Does the error only affect subscribers who click or try to convert?
- Does the mistake warrant wider damage control?
- Can I change my email production process to reduce the chance of this mistake recurring in the future?
In our How to Recover from Email Marketing Mistakes report, we show you how this framework of questions can guide you to a response that’s appropriate for the error made, so you can minimize the impact of mistakes while also avoiding overreacting and potentially making the situation worse.
As we walk you through each step of the framework, we’ll share real-life stories of email marketing mishaps, including some shared by brave members of the Litmus Community. We hope the insights and stories in this report help you learn from the mistakes of others and put better systems and checks in place at your company to minimize the frequency and scope of future email marketing mistakes.