Email Design Podcast #97: Leaked Gmail Redesign with New Features0
In the 97th episode of The Email Design Podcast, Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez discuss upcoming changes to Gmail including a redesign and merging some Inbox by Gmail functionality, Yahoo! Mail updates, and research as to why subscribers prefer interactive emails. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
In this episode:
- (0:35) Google is about to launch a Gmail redesign: Check out new screenshots of an upcoming Gmail redesign, including the addition of new features like Smart Reply, Snooze, and a Calendar sidebar view.
- (6:06) Yahoo! Mail launches a wave of new updates: Updates include performance improvements and faster loads, photo themes, RSVPs, and improved out-of-office notifications.
- (9:54) 900+ Free Responsive Email Templates: Our friends over at Chamaileon have aggregated over 900 free email templates across the web for your ease.
- (11:34) Why Interactive Email is Great For Your Marketing: Campaign Monitor aggregated some research on how 82% of subscribers prefer interactive over static email.
- (16:32) Windows 10 Tests Forcing Use of Edge Browser For Links in Mail: This is currently just for an Insider Preview Build (beta), but all links are being forced open in Edge browser regardless of user settings.
- (19:33) Email of the Week: Readdle
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.