Email Design Podcast #56: CSS Grid Support Comes to Email and Gmail App Launches Payments0
In the 56th episode of The Email Design Podcast, hosts Kevin Mandeville and Jason Rodriguez talk about the demographics of an email professional today, CSS grid support coming to email clients, payments via Google Wallet in Gmail App, and more. Be sure to follow along and join in the discussion on Twitter using #EmailDesignPodcast.
Watch the full video above or listen to the audio-only version below.
In this episode:
- (0:44) Snapshot of Email Professionals in 2017: We take a look at the demographics of an email professional in 2017 from more than 3,500 responses to our 2017 State of Email Survey.
- (5:47) CSS Grid support comes to email: The newest CSS layout method is now supported in the versions of iOS 10.3, Apple Mail, Outlook for Mac, AOL Mail, and Alto Mail.
- (10:18) The Ultimate Guide to Accessible Emails: Jaina Mistry breaks down the key ingredients that make an email accessible, including color contrast, live text, ALT text, and more. Wilbert Heinen has also started a Github repo to curate articles on accessibility in email.
- (14:30) Send and request money in your Gmail app: Gmail App Android introduced native payments support via Google Wallet, which we theorize could be the foundation to integrating with other providers such as Paypal and Eventbrite to achieve a true checkout experience in email.
- (16:57) Redesigning #EmailWeekly: One of our favorite email newsletters is redesigning their newsletter out in the open and blogging about the process.
- (21:22) Email of the Week: Burberry Runway
Follow the Email Design Podcast
GET THE LATEST DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Want to get more tips and advice like this? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get the latest content for email design pros delivered straight to your inbox. Every week.