Customer API released0
Today we switched on our customer API which has been under development for some time. This gives you complete access to your Litmus account programmatically, meaning you can build all kinds of software and tools which utilise Litmus and our testing platform.
What can you do with it? Here are some examples…
- Integrate test results from Litmus into your company’s client extranet
- Build an OS X Dashboard widget to let you create new tests without needing to visit the Litmus site
- Build a bookmarklet to instantly test the web page which is currently open in your browser
- Create a Dreamweaver extension which integrates Litmus
- Re-create all functionality from our web application as a native OS X or Windows application
- Automatically post your client’s test results to Basecamp
- Build an iPhone interface for accessing your Litmus account
There really are hundreds of possibilities!
To get started using the customer API you can browse the extensive documentation on our help site. That gives you an overview of the customer API, full details of exactly how to use it, and the data you have access to.
It’s worth noting that although we’re keen to foster development of software that uses our customer API, you’re not permitted to resell our testing services via this API. However, you can do that using our various integration options. If you’re at all unsure of the licensing details, just email us and we’ll be happy to help.
We’ll be building a section of our site to showcase software and tools that use our API soon. If you build something, we’d love to hear about it, so please drop us a line.