2017 State of Email Workflows: How Marketers Plan, Build, Approve, & Send Emails [eBook]0
Check out the 2018 State of Email Workflows for latest stats, trends, and advice.
Creating a high-performing email takes time and the right resources. Your email workflow is an expression of the investment you make in every email—and is itself a predictor of email program success.
Based on our State of Email Survey of more than 3,500 marketers, our second annual State of Email Workflows report takes a detailed look at every stage of email creation—from planning and creation to quality assurance and sending.
Some of the key findings from the State of Email Workflows include:
- Email content planning continues to be relatively ad hoc.
- The number of emails in production and the time it takes brands to produce an email varies significantly based on the sophistication of the email marketing program.
- Extremes dominate email development, with some tools and techniques seeing wide usage, while others are rarely used.
- Successful email programs put extra focus on ensuring their emails display and function as intended.
- The number of people involved in approvals and the frequency of last-minute changes are the two biggest factors that determine the efficacy of approval processes.
- Companies are roughly split between those using just one email platform and those using two or more.
- Halting an email send is rare. Sending an apology email is even rarer. Both are likely far too rare.
The 45-page ebook explores each of these findings and much more, with over 30 charts providing data-based evidence of current practices and trends in email workflows.
It’s our hope that you’ll use the results to benchmark your own process and identify opportunities for improvement, as well as use its findings as evidence to make a compelling argument for more resources or process changes at your company.
All of this is made possible by the more than 3,500 marketers who generously took the time to take our State of Email Survey and share their insights with the industry. For a breakdown of the demographics of our respondents, check out this snapshot of the email professional.