2016 State of Email Production: How Marketers Plan, Build, Approve & Send Emails [eBook]0
Check out the 2018 State of Email Workflows for latest stats, trends, and advice.
Are you missing out on tools that could improve your email production process? Does your company spend enough time on email design? On the QA process? Are you planning email content far enough in advance? Is your approval process too burdensome or too lax?
Answering these questions has traditionally been a combination of blind guesses, gut instinct, and asking a few industry friends. That changes today.
In the inaugural State of Email Production report, which is based on the responses of more than 900 marketers, we take a detailed look at how brands:
- Build their teams
- Plan their email content
- Allocate their time among various production tasks
- Use technology in their workflow
- Handle quality assurance and approvals
- Send their emails
- Deal with email mistakes
Along the way, we highlight significant variances by geographic region, industry vertical, company size, email marketing team size, and much more so you can get the best possible picture of what email production processes look like. For example…
- Agencies are more than twice as likely as other companies to code emails from scratch. [Tweet this]
- Nearly 38% of US companies need the approval of 4 or more people before sending an email, compared to only 18% of non-US companies. [Tweet this]
- Nearly 48% of companies with fewer than 500 employees have an email team of just 1 or 2 people. In larger companies, only 38% of the email teams are of this size. [Tweet this]
Use the results from the State of Email Production report to help benchmark your own process, identifying opportunities for improvement and using this evidence to make a compelling argument for more resources or process streamlining.