A Closer Look at Email Engagement
Reputation and engagement are increasingly important factors when it comes to reaching your audience through email marketing. Running your emails through Litmus’ spam filter analysis tool can give you an indication of the likelihood of your email being marked as spam, but subscriber (in)activity can ultimately determine whether your email makes it to the inbox.
Our infographic provides a closer look at engagement filtering behaviors for Gmail and Hotmail, reasons why subscribers become disengaged with email, and tips for increasing engagement.
Click on the graphic below for an enlarged view.
It’s all in the details
Engagement (and email delivery in general) can be difficult to manage. While this graphic provides a great overview, many of the sources we quoted offer in-depth articles and advice on the topic of subscriber engagement. We definitely recommend checking these out, too!
- ExactTarget has compiled tons of great stats and research as part of its Subscribers, Fans, and Followers series
- Econsultancy examines engagement in detail: The rules of email engagement
- Lyris sheds some light onto Gmail and Hotmail engagement filtering and offers tips for improving engagement
- Deliverability expert Al Iverson discusses what to do with unengaged subscribers
- AlchemyWorx provides another point of view on unresponsive email subscribers
- Delivery experts at Word to the Wise cover unengagement and also tips on getting emails out of the bulk folder
- This MediaPost article offers up a quick three-question ‘appraisal’ for your emails